With ThermaShield, you can enjoy the best energy-saving product on the market, thanks to these amazing qualities of cork:
- Fire Retardant
Cork will not release incandescent particles or propagate flames.
Cork contains few to no irritants, so it won’t trigger an allergic reaction.
Cork can be bent to extreme degrees without breaking.
Water cannot penetrate cork’s surface.
- Mildew Resistant
No mildew growth can occur on cork surfaces.
- Acoustic Insulator
Cork can cut 8 to 12 noise decibels, and even more in some cases.
- Thermal Insulator
In nature, cork protects the trees it covers from extreme temperatures. Cork provides 30 times the resistance to heat of concrete, thanks to the internal structure and lack of conductivity, as well as its low water content.
Cork has a low density of between .12 and .24 quarts per pound, thanks to the fact that it consists of 80% air.
- Cork trees are never cut down to make cork spray.
- When trees are 40-50 years old, the cork is first harvested.
- The bark regrows every 8-9 years.
- Harvesting cork allows trees to live for 200-500 years.
- The extraction process releases oxygen into the environment.
This means that cork is extracted and produced without environmental impact.
- Cork is a natural thermal barrier.
- It won’t freeze or reach a temperature over 86 degrees F.
- Buildings that don’t have ThermaShield lose 35% of heat and coolness through their walls and 25% through their roofs.
- ThermaShield can cut your energy use.